Finance & Strategy Associate
Nextdoor is the neighborhood hub for you, your neighbors, and the broader local community. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
Nextdoor’s Finance & Strategy team is responsible for enabling and improving strategic and financial decision-making across Nextdoor. We maintain the company’s operating models, analyze product roadmaps and capital allocation decisions, interface with investors, and engage in strategic decisions (e.g., product go-to-market plans and pricing). We provide timely and clear data and recommendations. Business partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help them solve difficult problems and investors look to us to educate them on Nextdoor’s business, strategy, and outlook.
The Impact You Will Make
As an Associate focused on our Local Business Solutions & Service Providers strategy, you will work cross-functionally to further Nextdoor’s vision of being the leading platform for local businesses and service providers to connect with consumers and grow their businesses. Our vision of a thriving local business ecosystem is hyperlocal advertising that brings value to both members and businesses.
In this role, you will be a key driver of revenue strategy and financial planning and analysis. You will build and execute core operational processes, such as daily, weekly, and monthly metrics reporting and analytics, advertiser demand forecasting, and marketing performance tracking and optimization. You will also work on a broad spectrum of special projects ranging from cost/benefit analyses of potential strategic partnerships to designing resource allocation models. You will work closely with senior finance and marketing leaders on a day-to-day basis.
This is a high-impact role. You will be a self-starter, an independent thinker, deeply analytical, and detail-oriented, capable of working in a structured manner and thrive in ambiguity. You will work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Data Science, Product, Engineering, Accounting, and Legal, developing a deep understanding of Nextdoor’s business and translating this knowledge into concise insights and strategic recommendations for the organization.
This position will be based in San Francisco and will report to the Finance & Strategy Lead for Local Business Solutions & Service Providers.
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly financial and operational metrics dashboards and reports using data systems such as Looker and Qubole,and leverage this data to surface key insights at all levels of the company (business partner, executive, board)
- Model unit economics, revenue, COGS, and opex trends to support quarterly, annual, and long-range business planning
- Apply an analytical approach to support strategic decision making, including projects on customer behavior analysis and economics, LTV / ROI of marketing efforts, product/competitive landscape benchmarking, and other data-driven analysis
- Evaluate various approaches to pricing and packaging of our existing products and potential new product launches
What You Will Bring to The House
- 3-to-5 years of relevant experience, including 2-to-3 years of experience with financial modeling (e.g., investment banking, private equity) and 1-to-3 years of experience in analytical/strategic roles at a consumer technology company or in technology-focused consulting
- Understanding of/experience with social media, digital advertising, and/or consumer marketplace companies
- A highly analytical and inquisitive work style with keen attention to detail, complemented by the ability to see beyond the numbers and drive meaningful business decisions
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience with SQL and Looker (or similar data visualization tool)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A strong passion for Nextdoor's mission
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.