Product Finance & Strategy Leader
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Stripe’s Banking and Financial Products group is building new products that expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments and into the rest of the financial stack. Right now this includes Capital, Issuing, Atlas, and Corporate Card - and there’s more on the way.
We’re looking for an experienced finance leader to be the financial and strategic partner to product leaders in Stripe’s Banking and Financial Products group. Your work will be instrumental to Stripe achieving its mission, be highly visible to Stripe leadership, and will drive key insights for executive discussions.
- Partner closely with product leaders in Banking and Financial Products to drive successful outcomes for this product area.
- Manage and build the Banking and Financial Products finance and strategy team
- Leverage your financial background to support and influence key strategic and product decisions (e.g., identify high priority industry verticals and use this to inform the group’s prioritization and product roadmap).
- Provide analytical rigor and bring strategic leadership to operational initiatives (e.g., develop a pricing strategy for the group’s products and collaborate with cross-functional partners to roll this out).
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for your teams (e.g., Monthly Reviews, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan), and evaluate organizational tradeoffs in group planning to influence decision making.
- Develop and monitor critical success and business performance metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Lead your team in developing detailed models for in-depth analyses, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Be your business teams’ go-to financial partner for ad hoc analysis and relevant external relations (e.g., negotiating new contract terms or evaluating prospective partnerships).
- 12+ years of relevant experience within strategic finance, ideally at a high-growth technology and/or financial services company. Investment banking, management consulting and/or private equity experience will also be considered.
- Managerial experience including building high performing teams.
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners; you are seen as a trusted and objective advisor.
- The ability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment.
- An enthusiastic "roll up your sleeves" mentality.
- A proven ability to be a self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.