ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our global footprint provides opportunities to deliver highly strategic advice to market-leading companies around the world. Guided by our unwavering commitment to our clients’ success and motivated by our vision to build the premier global boutique investment bank, we provide the industry’s brightest minds with the opportunity to thrive in an energetic, entrepreneurial environment and team-oriented culture. Our mission is to provide bold, creative advice to clients and leadership in our markets and our communities.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Execute in-depth analyses to support new business development, transaction execution and the delivery of investment banking products and services to clients and prospects. Perform extensive research and financial modeling, apply valuation methods, and complete due diligence activities. Work closely with client staff to advance projects, gathering necessary information, conveying complex financial modeling outcomes and presenting analysis results. Provide training and mentorship to less experienced staff.
- Perform extensive financial/valuation analyses to value debt and equity for mergers, acquisitions and capital raising transactions. Utilize creative approaches to analyses that illustrate key concepts/messages. Carefully review and provide guidance to Analysts’ work.
- Build advanced financial models to value potential and actual clients and/or industries, leveraging broad understanding of valuation and broad finance/accounting topics. Demonstrate thorough knowledge of multiple client sectors. Assimilate information to perform insightful analyses.
- Lead due diligence, research, analysis and documentation of potential and live transactions. Anticipate potential deal issues and pass concerns through to team members in real time.
- Actively participates in presentation development and hypothesis testing to highlight financial analysis and research results.
- Develop, produce and deliver proposals and presentations to clients and prospects, which exhibit broad knowledge of IB product solutions and underlying components. Engage, with analysts, in the development of marketing materials that highlight the competitive advantage of William Blair.
- Actively participate in client meetings and drafting sessions.
- Research and expand expertise of industries and/or sectors. Leverage knowledge to target certain clients or industries. Monitor key industry drivers. Offer insights into business trends in sector to facilitate processes. Evaluate and improve BIC content.
- Identify improvements to processes and propose solutions to complete tasks more efficiently.
- Take ownership of client relationships. Foster effective dialogue with finance and accounting staffs to facilitate processes. Anticipate needs and challenges and provide seamless solutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of macro factors related to client industry, investment banking products and potential implications.
- Act as “on the job” trainer for analysts, providing constructive feedback. Focus on improving the quality of analyst and summer intern work product. Ensure senior team knows the valuable contributions of all team members.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in a field of life science required
MBA strongly preferred
Prior life science investment banking experience required; 1+ years as an Investment Banking Associate strongly preferred
Internship or prior work experience in financial services industry preferred
SIE Exam, Series 79, and Series 63 must be acquired within 150 days of employment
Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities
Excellent science, mathematical, writing, verbal and computer skills
Ability to adapt to new tasks with little notice
Ability to manage expectations of senior bankers while working on multiple projects simultaneously
Effective leadership and coaching skills
Strong desire to win
Deep, sophisticated understanding of the biotechnology industry, accounting and finance
Commitment to satisfying internal and external customers