Chemicals Investment Banking Analyst
About the Job:
Investment banking analysts & associates play critical roles on small, focused deal teams. At Key, you can grow your career and become an investment banking expert more quickly through direct exposure to clients and leadership. Analysts and associates play a central role in supporting collaboration and business development within our KBCM team – staying involved from pitch to closing. Attention to detail, an orientation towards results and a team-centered mentality are the keys to success in this position. Analysts provide initial drafts and work with associates to review and perfect financial models, valuations, forecasts, pitch books and much more.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with corporate finance investment bankers and product partners on M&A, strategic corporate finance, and capital raising transactions
- Generate ideas and analytical materials in support of new client meetings
- Perform financial modeling and valuation analyses on public and private companies: comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, leveraged buy-out analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Develop marketing materials for topics such as company positioning, financing alternatives, and M&A/Strategic alternatives
- Develop knowledge of relevant information resources: Capital IQ, Thomson Financial, Bloomberg
- Continually build knowledge and capabilities within the industry segment and stay abreast of competitive trends.
- Assist with attracting a quality workforce, i.e. college recruiting activities.
- Maintain required licensing.
- Demonstrate the Key Values: Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Leadership.
What We’re Looking For:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in investment and/or commercial banking, accounting or consulting
- Financial modelling experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Perseverance with constructive criticism and rounds of review
- Strong analytical skills, with accounting fundamentals
- Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, Economics, etc.)
- Series 79 & 63 (within 18 months of employment)
- Strong quantitative skills, including financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- Quantitatively and financially oriented, possessing the ability to succinctly express ideas
- Strong team player with a positive can-do attitude and desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in an intensive and challenging work environment
- Excellent organization, communication and research skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)