Finance & Strategy, Analyst/Manager - Product Finance (FinTech)
Financial Analyst Job Description
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
As an individual focused on Product Finance, you will play an integral part in Robinhood’s success by driving financial planning processes, providing decision-making support, and working with various business partners to develop strategic analysis around key business initiatives. Key prior initiatives have included driving operational efficiencies and developing strategic scalability frameworks.
This role suits those with a bias towards action and impact, who believe in end to end execution and accountability. You are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, operational, and visionary. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations through to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling case. You can also step back and contribute meaningfully to our long term strategy.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Conduct complex data analysis and research that results in compelling recommendations for our teams and product leaders
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of both our long term strategy as well as our core product and financial metrics
- Develop creative solutions to problems using qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. market sizing to determine product prioritization, organizational planning and its effect on org. velocity, unit economics & ROI)
- Partner with the business and identify opportunities to create efficiencies, appropriate metrics to track business performance and additional sources of revenue
- Serve as a cross-functional liaison, thought partner, and execution partner to leads of Robinhood’s Product, Engineering, Data Science, Marketing, and Payments teams
- Lead strategic initiatives end to end from ideation to analytics to recommendations to project managing cross-functional teams to drive impact
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for the teams you support (e.g., Monthly Business Reviews, Forecasts, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan)
- Interact with external stakeholders like investors and strategic partners to develop a stronger understanding of the drivers of the business
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 2-4 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Private Equity, Banking, FP&A in the tech sector, or similar roles.
- An ability to think from first principles and work independently
- Advanced financial modeling and forecasting skills
- Ability to drive improvements and efficiency around financial processes
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and interest in developing advanced querying / modeling skills
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design creative solutions
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including leadership.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and consider all stakeholder needs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience working with SQL & Looker
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.