Healthcare Investment Banking Analyst
JMP is seeking an experienced Analyst to join its Healthcare Investment Banking Group in San Francisco or New York. The Healthcare Investment Banking Analyst will be involved in all facets of JMP’s investment banking activities and will play an integral role supporting the origination and execution of a broad range of transactions, including private and public financings (equity, equity-linked and debt), mergers and acquisitions and other advisory services across the healthcare group.
The specific responsibilities of the Analyst include, but are not limited to, financial analysis and modeling, conducting industry and company-specific research, coordinating the various processes involved in a financing or sale, and the preparation of pitch materials, client presentations, offering memoranda, proposals, and other written materials for meetings with clientele.
JMP offers junior banking professionals the opportunity to work closely with senior bankers and have direct interaction with current and prospective clients within JMP’s healthcare coverage universe, spanning biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and healthcare services.
- Live in, or ability to relocate to, San Francisco or New York
- 1-2 years of finance-related experience, preferably in the healthcare sector
- Bachelor's degree along with outstanding academic achievement, preferably in fields of finance, economics or science/medicine
- High level of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and team working skills
- Superior work ethic
- U.S. work authorization required