Structured Credit & Asset-backed Securities Associate
Apollo is seeking an Associate to join its global Structured Credit & ABS investment team within the broader Credit business. The successful candidate will assist in analyzing and monitoring a variety of structured credit investments such as CLOs, synthetic structured credit, bank regulatory capital relief trades, and some consumer credit; though the primary focus will be on CLO investments. The team manages a number of funds and separate accounts that make significant investments in these asset classes.
The position will allow the candidate to interface with multiple aspects of the business and gain exposure to primary market tracking and investing, secondary market trading, bespoke transactions, portfolio management & fund level monitoring/reporting, as well as marketing & investor relations.
- Proficient knowledge and ability to execute CLO documentation and use of a cashflow modeling system used by the CLO market to analyze deal and investment metrics.
- Prepare underwriting memos and present opportunities to investment committee.
- Monitor CLO market transaction activity on a daily basis, helping to track potential investment opportunities and screen deals. This will also require daily communication with bank counterparties.
- Support portfolio managers and traders to screen secondary market opportunities.
- Assist with team reporting and reviews of existing positions and portfolios.
- Help marketing/investor relations team create presentations for investors such as portfolio updates or new mandate proposals.
- Build and maintain cashflow models for transaction analysis and monitoring.
- Maintain a variety of market intelligence databases.
Qualifications & Experience
- Candidate should have 3-5 years of total experience in fixed income related roles, banking, sales & trading, consulting/advisory, accounting, middle office reporting, or similar.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are mandatory. Knowledge of Bloomberg and Intex is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.